- Media Kit and Pricing Sheet (updated Feb 2023)
- Guest Blog Post Order Form
- Link Insertion Order Form
Step 1: Conduct a Google site search. If there is only one step you complete to turn in a pitch, this should be the one. Note: This is not a normal website search. Check out how to do a Google site search here and add another skill to your set.
For those of you that didn’t bother to click the link above, you certainly aren’t the first. Simply copy and paste this URL in your search bar: “site:takeyoursuccess.com/” and add a space followed by the keyword you’re targeting with your pitch.
For example: “site:takeyoursuccess.com/ college admissions”. In this example, you’ll see TakeYourSuccess has published quite a bit on college admissions. If you still want to pitch a college admissions topic, make sure you’re telling us what differentiates it from the dozens of other college admissions pieces on TakeYourSuccess.
Step 2: Format your post appropriately.
- We don’t require a strict word count on the site, but most articles should fall in the 1,000 – 1,800 word range. Instead of focusing on word count, focus on delivering value in a concise way that readers of different levels can understand and learn from.
- The best blog copy is simple, accessible, and clear. If a simple sentence works, don’t overengineer the article for the sake of longer sentences and more words. Looking for more resources on drafting your blog post? Here are a few posts from HubSpot to check out:
- Paragraphs should be no more than three to five sentences long and formatted using H2s, H3s, and H4s, when appropriate.
- Add bulleted lists to help break up dense copy chunks. Numbered lists should be formatted as number + period.
- Always include a conclusion.
- When including images, gifs, or screenshots, cite the image source as: “Image source” and hyperlink that text with the page you found the image on.
- Tip: Copy and paste your post into Grammarly, or Microsoft Word and run a spell check. We prefer these editing tools for catching sneaky misspellings, and extra spaces. Feeling extra word-nerdy? Use Hemingway Editor to check for run-on sentences, difficult sentence structure, etc …
Step 3: Use this payment link to submit your guest blog post order. We will add the guest blog post with 24 hours.
Optional Step 4: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Formatted subject line: “Guest Pitch: [Tentative Title of Post]”
- Your completed post or pitch in a Google Document with editing permissions turned on for “anyone with the link.”
- If you’re including images, make sure they’re compressed and add them into the Google Document, and provide proper attribution below each image (e.g., Image source).
- Short author bio, headshot, and any links to your LinkedIn or Twitter accounts you’d like linked.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 1 week and the publish date could exceed this timeline by an additional week.
Important Note: Due to the high number of inquiries that we receive, we now charge $40 to submit a guest post.