Do you care about securing the personal information on your laptop and devices? How about your email, bank account information, or social media usernames and passwords?
I know a former coworker of mine who wishes he paid more attention to his device security.
The story is, while his wife was shopping at an antique strip mall in a kind of rough part of town, he got bored and wanted to check his email. He got on his laptop and signed into a random public Wi-Fi that didn’t require a password.
That’s not a big deal right? Millions of people do this all the time.
But this simple act of signing into a public Wi-Fi and then entering his email username and password was all the hacker needed to cause damage. My co-worker noticed over $18,000 of credit card spending all went down in one hour.
He knew he didn’t spend that much because things were tight, and he was going to kill his wife if she spent that shopping! He confronted her and she said, “No, I didn’t spend more than $100.”
Later he learned that the hacker set up this Wi-Fi connection as a front to steal people’s personal information. The compromised router transmitted all the unencrypted personal information right to the malicious attacker who waited in the dark to commit credit card fraud.
Fortunately my co-worker was able to successfully dispute the false transactions for over $18,000 on his credit card. But that didn’t take away the sleepless nights and immeasurable stress in the days leading up to the resolution.
That gets me to my point: How secure are your devices?
Bitdefender Total Security 2018: Key Features
You could hope for the best and trust that regular security measures will hold up against malicious hackers. But why take that risk when you don’t have to?
I’m not cool with that. There’s too much for me to lose honestly.
That’s why I sought out and found the exact security measure I need that goes all out to secure my digital devices.
It’s called the Bitdefender Total Security. And its comprehensive features do everything I want it to and more.
1) Safe Files – If an unsafe application tries to edit or delete a protected file, Safe Files will automatically block the application, protect your files, and alert the user.
2) Webcam Protection – Analyze and protect webcam access from outside intrusions. If you’ve heard about the celebrity nude leaks captured through webcam hacks, they wouldn’t face this issue with Webcam Protection.
3) Wi-Fi Security Advisor – The second you connect to a new Wi-Fi network, Security Advisor evaluates the security level and notifies you if it’s secure or not. This is the exact thing my co-worker could have used to defend his personal information from that false Wi-Fi network attack!
4) Bitdefender Safepay – Use this protected browser feature when performing online bank transactions to stay safe and secure. All of the sensitive information you exchange in this browser will have extra protection from getting stolen.
5) Password Manager – Why make it so easy for bad people to steal from you by writing your passwords on a post-it note in front of your computer? Bitdefender Password Manager secures your confidential information like credit card details and passwords so only you can access it and you don’t have to attempt the impossible of remembering all your log-in information.
6) Advanced Threat Defense – This program will monitor every application on the device to ensure safety and protect against the slightest hint of malicious activity or suspicious behavior. You can also see which applications have been detected and blocked so you can act accordingly.
7) Parental Advisor – Parents can worry less about their kids by monitoring their computer and phone activity, tracking their location by phone, and a new added feature for the 2018 edition is children can mark themselves as safe when they’ve reached their destination by clicking a button in an Android or iPhone app.
With over 500 million users trusting this software, Bitdefender is the best at keeping your devices protected.
Do Your Thing, Protected
Since I’m the type of guy who takes nothing for chance, the Bitdefender Total Security program is exactly what I need to have peace of mind and freedom to focus on my business instead of worrying about my devices getting compromised.
It’d be a nightmare to deal with a hacker getting control of my company bank information and passwords, or any of my confidential personal data.
Plus, I already have a million things on my mind every minute, so the last thing I need to worry about and spend mental energy on is my security.
The fact that Bitdefender Total Security is a security blanket for my laptop and phone is the extra comfort I need to attack my day head on.
Wouldn’t you like this relief?
Pricing And Where Can You Get One
Bitdefender provides top quality malware protection at a fair price.
You can purchase a one year subscription of the Total Security 2018 for $58.49 (35% off at time of posting). This subscription allows you to get comprehensive security for up to 5 desktop and mobile devices.
Visit Bitdefender.com or Amazon to purchase this product and gain digital security.
Protect your devices today, and you won’t have to worry about them later.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bitdefender. The opinions and text are all mine.