Former boxing heavyweight champion of the world, Mike Tyson, knows what it takes to win.
He trained every day from childhood until he made his dreams a reality on the big stage of boxing.
And don’t think he was satisfied for a second just to be there. Mike wanted to obliterate his opponents, and he did just that.
In one of the most dominating few years in boxing and sports history from 1986 to 1989, Mike Tyson destroyed everyone mentally and physically who got in the ring with him. The quickness and power that boomed from his uppercuts and knocked out opponents were one of a kind.
Tyson became the youngest heavyweight champion of the world at 20 years old and ended his career with a 50-2-6 record.
What I most appreciate from his career are all the Mike Tyson motivational quotes he left us in the process. These will live on forever.
Inspiring Mike Tyson Quotes
1. “Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth.” – Mike Tyson
2. “Discipline, doing what you hate to do but do it like you love it.” – Mike Tyson
3. “I had to persevere because this was my life. This championship, this was the stuff I dreamt of all my life, and I wasn’t gonna be denied.” – Mike Tyson
4. “I’m a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.” – Mike Tyson
5. “Whatever you want, especially when you’re striving to be the best in the world at something, there’ll always be disappointments, and you can’t be emotionally tied to them, cos’ they’ll break your spirit.” – Mike Tyson
6. “As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want.” – Mike Tyson
7. “God lets everything happen for a reason. It’s all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another.” – Mike Tyson
8. “Unfortunately, sometimes you can’t have fun accomplishing your goals. Sometimes people don’t have the determination, the will, the steadfastness, the tenacity, they give in under the slightest struggle.” – Mike Tyson
9. “In order to succeed greatly, you have to be prepared to fail greatly. If you can’t do both of them, you’ve got a problem.” – Mike Tyson
10. “I’ll fight anybody my trainer puts me in with because I’m confident I can beat any fighter in the world. If anybody can see I’m almost a master at evading punches coming at me.” – Mike Tyson
11. “You come home, and you party. But after that, you get a hangover. Everything about that is negative.” – Mike Tyson
12. “That’s what people respect, the fact that I wasn’t a chump that laid on his back and gave up.” – Mike Tyson
13. “I love to hit people. I love to.” – Mike Tyson
14. “You can’t be disturbed by anything. There’s no emotion involved. You can’t feel sorrow, you can’t feel pity, there’s nothing you feel. The job has to be done.” – Mike Tyson
15. “When I fight someone, I want to break his will.” – Mike Tyson
16 “A man who was friendly with everyone was an enemy to himself.” – Mike Tyson
17. “I just have this thing inside me that wants to eat and conquer. Maybe it’s egotistical, but I have it in me. I don’t want to be a tycoon. I just want to conquer people and their souls.” – Mike Tyson
18. “Everyone says ‘I wish I was in your shoes…’, the hundreds of people that wish they were in my shoes don’t know the tenth of it. If they were in my shoes they would cry like a baby.” – Mike Tyson
19. “Fighting is not physical, fighting is spiritual. It’s the determination and the will in the guy.” – Mike Tyson
20. “I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It’s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.” – Mike Tyson
21. “It doesn’t faze me what anyone says about me. It doesn’t matter what anyone says about me. I’m a totally different entity to what other people think. Michael and Tyson are two different people. I’m Tyson here.” – Mike Tyson
22. “When you have something in life that you want to accomplish greatly, you have to be willing to give up your happiness…I’ve lost all my sensitivity as far as being embarrassed, being shy, you just have to lose that.” – Mike Tyson
23. “Fighting is a sport if you’re not humble it’s going to bring humbleness to you.” – Mike Tyson
24. “Greatness is not guarding yourself from the people; greatness is being accepted by the people.” – Mike Tyson
25. “Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning. But fear is your best friend. Fear is like fire. If you learn to control it, you let it work for you. If you don’t learn to control it, it’ll destroy you and everything around you. Like a snowball on a hill, you can pick it up and throw it or do anything you want with it before it starts rolling down, but once it rolls down and gets so big, it’ll crush you to death. So one must never allow fear to develop and build up without having control over it, because if you don’t you won’t be able to achieve your objective or save your life.” – Mike Tyson
26. “Quayle said the worst thing that happened to him was that he never trusted his own judgment. I said from now on I am going to go with my own judgment.” – Mike Tyson
27. “I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! He’s no Alexander! I’m Alexander! I’m the best ever.” – Mike Tyson
28. “I’m gonna make sure you talk about me, and your grandkids and kids after that gonna know about me…your great grandkids will say “wow, wasn’t that a bizarre individual?” – Mike Tyson
29. “I was hoping he would get up so I could hit him again and keep him down.” – Mike Tyson
30. “My style was impetuous, my defenses were impregnable, and I was ferocious.” – Mike Tyson
31. “Confidence applied properly is the path of genius. You must always be in a state of confidence. And the way you sustain a state of confidence is by testing yourself. Difficult quagmires that may occur; there’s always a test. You have to seek them out. You constantly have to test yourself to prepare for these quagmires. That’s why I always put myself to the test.” – Mike Tyson
Which quote inspired you the most? Share this article with a friend who needs a wake up call in life.